Spring Lookbook 2013

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back from Vail, Back to Work and Some great finds!

I love getting back from vacation because everything around me feels new again. The day after we got back I got to do my favorite part of the wardrobe process which is the in store shopping. I go to an area like the Third Street Promenade where all the shopping is close. I shop at 3-4 stores and pick loads of fabulous clothes for my clients to try on. I am a very quick shopper and there is nothing more fun than putting together dozens of outfit combinations. When my client arrives the clothes are ready to go and they try on a storm. It is so fun to see the magic happen. The transformation is fabulous! People love to see all of the clothing together in outfits that they wouldn't have put together on their own. I am very opinionated and I am quick in deciding if something works on them and in their wardrobe. Yesterday my client, a beautiful woman and mother, met me to shop. We had so much fun! She found great things and after 2 hours had completely updated her wardrobe. We also found great items for less at places like H and M, Gap and Zara

Here is a photo of me on my way to shop (I am wearing super comfy London Sole ballet flats because I am literally racing around to make my time count!)


Some favorite finds from yesterday:

Gap Sunkissed pullover

Gap Printed sateen shirtdress

I LOVE these shoes! Order a half size smaller:)
Gap Dot Calf hair flats

I know that in this photo this top looks like PJ's: It doesn't on, especially with jeans and ballet flats. It is so flattering and pretty. My client got it and I rushed home to order it online (SHIPPING IS FREE!). This style top is super in style and a great update.  Think date night with jeans and pretty pumps.

Note: Zara calls these tops below "silk" in the title but they are polyester (thus the price tag is under $100). These do not look or feel cheap and if your toddler wipes her nose on your blouse, no need for tears--just toss in the wash and hang dry:)
PRINTED SILK BLOUSE
Zara printed silk blouse

This top below is so pretty on. It is delicate and feminine and most importantly hides stomach. I put a nude color tank top on under this. 
SILK TOP WITH BOAT NECK
Zara silk top with boat neck

This is one of my favorite finds.  This is a great size clutch (it is bigger than it looks in picture and looks like you found it in a vintage shop in Hollywood. Gorg!)Zara Clutch
WALLET WITH BEADING AND EMBROIDERY
This necklace below looks beautiful (and expensive, which it is NOT)with the nude color silk blouse above. It gives it some edge and looks amazing with grey jeans and cute ballet flats (see below).







APPLIQUE NECKLACE
Zara applique necklace

These shoes are sheer and look perfect on your feet. They are great with the nude silk blouse and necklace above! 
SHINY BALLERINA
Zara Shiny ballerina shoes

At Madewell we found GREAT things. Super flattering and great additions to any wardrobe:

Skinny Skinny Ankle Jeans in Optic White
Skinny skinny ankle jeans in optic white

These jeans look super skinny but they work on most body types.  They sit right above the hip so they are super flattering. 
Painted Lacebloom Top
Painted lacebloom top

This shirt is super cool with black or white jeans. I liked it with these shoes:

The Sidewalk Skimmer in Calf Hair
the sidewalk skimmer in calf hair flats 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis