Spring Lookbook 2013

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Preppy with an edge

One of the things that clients often ask me for is to give them a little edge.  Many of my clients are lovely women, many of whom have small children. Mom's really want to avoid looking frumpy and or too cutesy. If I dress too cutesy I look like a Southern debutante (I sort of am this at heart so I try to add edge to my wardrobe). I want my clients to be described as sophisticated and stylish. Preppy with an edge! Here are some items to give every mama a little edge:

1.  A great cuff:
Balenciaga Arena Giant Gold Double Tour Bracelet

2.  A great black jacket:

Charade Blazer
Madewell Charade Blazer

3.  booties

The Zipcode Boot
Madewell the zipcode bootie

4.  patterned chambray shirt

Current/Elliott 'The Perfect' Denim Shirt
Current Elliot the perfect shirt 

5. interesting bag

Alexander Wang 'Rocco' Leather SatchelAlexander Wang 'Rocco' Leather SatchelAlexander Wang 'Rocco' Leather Satchel
Alexander Wang Rocco leather satchel

6. Black cigarette jeans
Joes black jeans

7. patterned pumps:

Collection Etta calf hair pumps
J Crew Collection Etta Calf Hair pumps

8. Sunglasses: 


Original Wayfarer In BlackNumber One Crazy TortG11 Fog GreyLeonard 2 in Havana

1. Ray Ban Wayfarer in black sunglasses
2. Karen Walker Number one Crazy tort sunglasses
3. G11 Fog grey glasses
4. Illesteva Leonard 2 Havana glasses


Me on the way to work this morning in the Current Elliot Slouchy stiletto--I think these jeans have some edge too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis