Spring Lookbook 2013

Friday, November 30, 2012

DIY Book Cover project

This is one of my latest, easy, DIY projects. I have a huge build-in that hosts lots of pictures, art work, sculptures and books. Underneath, hidden to the eye in the cabinets are all of the kids books, board games, puzzles and who knows what else--organizing that is a whole different project. So...I frequently pop into Paper Source in Santa Monica and I was inspired by all of the gorgeous, buttery, thick handmade large paper sheets like these:



Japanese decorative handcrafted papers

Hot Pink Current handcrafted Fine paper



Myth Clover & Peacock handcrafted in India paper


Brush stroke Gold on Sea Green handcrafted paper


Gold marble swirl handmade paper

My color scheme is blues, orangey-corals, reds, golds and tan's so I chose these papers:


Blue Yuzen Donsu Blue Dots paper

Lokta Ikat Indigo Fine paper


Here is what my shelves looked like before. I was getting sick of the green colored books and also our many paperbacks that I wanted to spiff up a bit.



Before

After

Finished product:

I like the way the covered books all look together. This was so easy and each big sheet of paper covered 2 books. I just used scotch tape and scissors to fit the paper to the book. 

1 comment:

  1. Bev - Love, love your energy! Your DIY projects are incredible and oh so professional. Keep the ideas coming!

    xx, a

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis