Spring Lookbook 2013

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On the Job...New L.A. mama

I just did a wardrobe of a client who is a new mom to a beautiful little boy. She has LOADS of clothing as she worked at Anthropologie while her husband was in medical school. She is dripping with style and is BEAUTIFUL and just needed some help editing and putting her look together post baby. Today was stage one where I went through every item in her closet and edited and completely reorganized (since she has so many clothes I did it color coded). I then gave her a list of the "holes" or things that she might want to purchase to update and complete her look.  I then send an email when I get home with links for purchasing those items. I did not take a before photo of her wardrobe because I only had 2 hours and I was moving too quickly! Stage 2 will be the photo session where I photograph about 50 different outfit combinations with shoes and accessories and put them into a small binder to be kept in the closet for easy reference (see photo below for binder). Her photos will be placed into the following tabbed categories in the binder: Everyday casual, Date night, and Lunch/Daytime dressy. My client gave me permission to share this (thank you!!!) 

This is me on my way to work (this is my giant Givenchy Nightengale tote that fits an ipad, camera and notebook)PS--It is on Bluefly right now for a discounted price. Shirt: club monaco, pants J brand, shoes Manolo Blahnik.



mid edit:




More editing and getting rid of biggy/bulky plastic hangers to replaced with these:


Finished product: 6 huge bags full later (I told you she had TONS of clothes)

Voila! Color coded, organized and no more clothes that sit collecting dust.  When I come back I will replace all the hangers so there will be even more space!

And baby was happy and cooing the whole time; Happy mama happy baby!!! 

Here is the binder that I will bring back once I have all the photos organized into categories.  It is only 9 by 7 inches so it is small.  It has clear sleeves to put the photos in so they are really visable. The labeled tabs keep the looks into their categories (usually only 3-4 categories).  




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis