Spring Lookbook 2013

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mama's breakfast

With my first child I knew all of his little preschool friends and their mom's. We would get together for ambitious things like play-dates, meet at Starbucks, GO TO THE PARK (ohhhh...it has been a while), take the kids to a museum...Now that I am a full-throttle mom of 3, this is not exactly how I roll. However, with the new year here I vowed to up my game, corral some of the mom's that I frantically shout hello to as I peel out of the preschool lot and host a mama's breakfast. I feel like once you have your second child, and possibly your third, you come out of that matrix of organized activity and into the routine of keep everyone alive, shower, attempt a cooked meal, and get everyone to bed before you start screeching. Here is a photo that I liked that inspired me:

via Garance Dore


This is what I wore(I am getting a lot of milage out of my $14 J Crew T-shirt(no longer available on-line but totally stocked up in Santa Monica J Crew):ps-I was going for the "rock and roll waves" of Spring 2013! These poppy skinny jeans with zippers are from the Gap and the velvet tuxedo jacket is my favorite from Club Monaco (which is on sale now). Shoes are the zebra print from London Sole (I have had these for 5 years and they still work, zebra available in the Montana Ave store but not online)

I arranged the food all in the kitchen, super casual and cozy. Here are some photos:



Hydrangeas and cabbage flowers

This basket situation is from target. It is perfect for baked goods or bread. Every time I host a party I break it out.




These are the Barefoot Contessa Raspberry crumble bars recipe here. So easy and they were gobbled up!

Before I host a party I always like to pick up a few things to spruce my house up a bit(all purchased for under $50). I hit Acapillow in Santa Monica. They have the best vintage tablecloths, antique plant holders(pictures),shell pots,vintage pillows(pictured).



Love this $25 on sale vintage pillow


This is where we ate. I love banquettes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis