Spring Lookbook 2013

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Post Holidays

This is the afternoon after Christmas Day. John and I had serious cabin fever. We ventured out sans kids with giant LL Bean bags filled with returns and hit it hard. We stopped and had lunch at True Food Kitchen and then shopped, returned and shopped. One of the things that still makes me laugh is when John accused me of falling on the sword and returning the more expensive gifts he gave me in the name of saving money.  He told me that he would be hearing about "remember that $300 I saved him..." for a long time. He is totally right.

Here are some of my post Christmas purchases:

Herringbone short coat
Mango Herringbone short coat ($44 on sale!)

This is the coat I am wearing in the picture above. The sales girl at Bloomingdales asked if it was Isabel Marant. It really does look like it! It is the perfect oversized fit and looks great with the wedge high tops that are everywhere.

I exchanged a Diptyque candle for this perfume which I think smells gorgeous:

Volutes perfume


Raen Optics polarized Dayton sunglasses

My neighbor told me about this company called Raen that her friend owns. Their sunglasses are handmade and gorgeous.  Here are the ones she owns that I think I might need to copycat:
Raen Optics polarized Breslin sunglasses

This is a photo of my living room around 5 p.m. on Christmas Day.  The tree was dry and the decorations were getting stale. They all came down in what my husband described as "the white tornado" (meaning me). Out with the old in with the new. The neighbors think I am nuts; dragging our tree to the curb at 10 am on Christmas:




A final farewell to all the holiday festivities! Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis