Spring Lookbook 2013

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall and the Wardrobe Transition

This weekend I am unearthing all of my fall wardrobe and putting summer to rest. It may be 80 degrees in LA next week but I still like to switch it up. This coming week I am booked solid helping clients transition their wardrobes from Spring/Summer to Fall Winter. Happy Fall and the process and of the wardrobe unearthing below:



The Wardrobe Fall/Winter Transition:

Step 1: Take out all exclusively spring summer items such as white linen, swim suits (except 1 for vacation), cover-up's, shorts, ect. 

Step 2: Determine what I didn't wear the entire spring/summer season and make a donate pile (unless it was expensive, then I hang on another season).

Step 3: Take out all Fall/Winter Clear bins in the attic and empty them.

Step 4: Make a stack of things I never want to see again (i.e. super trendy items from last fall/winter and donate)

Step 5: Make a dry clean pile of things that didn't store well and have them cleaned and steamed (only a few shirts)

Step 6: Put all spring and summer items into the bins and put them the attic.

Step 7: Reorganize closet with all Fall/Winter. Put lots of cedar in the closet to protect the cashmere.

It feels so nice to have the summer wardrobe cleared out.  I can now see exactly what I need for Fall/Winter. Shopping!!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis