Spring Lookbook 2013

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shopping Strategy: Wardrobe Curating

After I do the initial closet edit I make a list of the holes that a client needs in order to have a complete wardrobe that all works together seamlessly.  I send many links with on-line possibilities and the rest we do in store.  This is really one of my favorite parts of the process because it is sort of the final piece to having a fashionable, functional wardrobe. The magic always happens in store when my client can see the new pieces and how they will work with what they have in their closets.  For an example of the wardrobe curating process click here

Here is my process for shopping with clients:

1.  I pick 3-4 stores (My stores are usually Bloomingdales, Club Monaco, J Crew, Madewell and Zara) for a client based on their style and budget and go in advance and fill the dressing rooms with many pieces that go together. I also pull jewelry and accessories. 

2.  Once my client has arrived we start at the most expensive store first. This is important because the material, cut and fit are usually superior so it sets the standard for how we WANT things to feel and look. Once my client tries everything on I have them only pick what they LOVE and can't live without. Then we put the items on hold so that they can come back if they don't find other items for less.  My job is to make my clients look and feel fabulous, not to break the bank!

3.  We then hit the other stores and I am very honest about how the items look and how they will fit in their overall wardrobe. We also hold the items so that when I am done my client can go back and only buy what he/she wants. There is no pressure that way and they can take and leave what they please.  

On my way to shop with a client:

This is the Zara PJ shirt I LOVE, Current Elliot slouchy stilleto jeans and my Jenni Kayne look-a-likes:) Super comfy and could run a mile in these shoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis