Spring Lookbook 2013

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

More chairs please!

In my dining room I have a beautiful Ethan Allen table and chairs.  I realized that I need more than 6 chairs and so I decided to mix in some upholstered chairs.  I did not want to spend a lot on the chairs because eventually I will upholster them in something gorgeous. These chairs are a great price and look much, much more expensive. Here is my dining room now:




Here are the chairs and some ideas for recovering:

Marseille Beige Linen Nailhead Dining Chairs (Set of 2)
Marseille Beige-Linen Nailhead dining chairs set of 2 Overstock

I think I will have a skirt added as well.  Here is the shape of the possible skirt:


Here is the fabric that is on the seats of my other chairs:

Waverly Hidden Treasure Fabric

I want these chairs to be a neutral that looks nice with all the other fabrics I have going on in my house. Here are the other fabrics:
Schumacher Jaipur Tree fabric

Schumacher Trellis navy Fabric

Thaibaut Marathon Navy fabric

What I want is a soft, beautiful fabric to cover these two chairs and put them in the center of the table opposite each other. I think I will take out the nail tacks and do piping--I think it will be cleaner. The low-quality linen they come in will have to go too. I am thinking of perhaps a supple velvet or a thick good quality linen.  TBD.

An option:

 New Indigo Blue Irish Linen
New Indigo Blye Irish Linen Fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis